Lennox & Addington County Council Approves 2022 Budget
The 2022 budget, totals $88 million in order to provide a broad range of services as set out in detail in the budget document.
$31.68 million of the total budget is raised through property taxation. The County’s 2022 property tax levy will increase by 2.8% or $854,200 from 2021, after allowing for assessment increases due to new development and growth. $609,695 or 2% of the 2021 tax levy, has been dedicated as additional funding for capital improvements to the County’s arterial road and bridge network.
The average residential property assessment in the County of Lennox and Addington in 2022 is $257,068 (2021 - $255,572). The County portion of the property taxes on this assessment in 2022 is $1,383.66 (an increase of $44.03 from 2021).
Some of the highlights of the 2022 budget include:
- Expansion of the Community Paramedic Program as well as continued service enhancements to Paramedic Services at the Stone Mills base.
- Staffing enhancements at The John M Parrott Centre that will further augment our infection control capacity as well as helping to achieve our 4 hours of care and customer service excellence.
- $13.8 million for capital improvements to County Roads & Bridges, this will include the reconstruction of County Road 12 from Buttermilk Falls Road to Glenn Elm Road. In addition, 8.9 kms of hot mix paving and 22.3 kms of surface treated roads. The County will receive $1.36 million in federal gas tax funds and $1.5 from the Province to assist with the cost of road projects.
- $934,300 for capital repairs, equipment and furnishings for The John M. Parrott Centre and $566,100 for capital improvements to County-owned buildings.
- $4.0 million for capital improvements to Social Housing, including new construction in Stone Mills.
- $25,000 per year for 3 years (from 2020 to 2022) to help support the Lenadco Access Clinic.
- $75,000 per year for a ten-year period (from 2019 to 2028) for the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation capital campaign.
- $50,000 funding for Lennox and Addington Affordable Housing initiatives.