Lennox and Addington County Council adopted the first County Official Plan on September 30, 2015. Under development since the fall of 2013, the Official Plan was created based on a requirement from the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
The Official Plan is one of a series of policies, guidelines and regulations that direct the actions of the County and shapes growth and development.
The Plan is intended to:
- a) Establish a broad, upper tier policy framework that provides guidance to local municipalities in the preparation of updated local Official Plans, Official Plan Amendments and zoning by-laws;
- b) Implement the Provincial Policy Statement at the County level; and,
- c) Establish a framework for coordination and cooperation amongst the local municipalities and the County on planning and development issues that cross municipal boundaries.
This Plan recognizes the importance of the land use planning responsibilities that are vested with the local municipalities. Given that the County of Lennox & Addington Official Plan is intended to establish an overall land use planning framework for the County and its municipalities, this Plan is not intended to duplicate the policies of the lower tier Official Plans. Instead, this Plan is intended to provide the guidance necessary for the establishment of detailed strategies, policies and land use designations at the local level.
On March 15, 2016, the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing provided a Notice of Decision under sub-section 17(34) and 17(35) of the Planning act with respect to the County of Lennox and Addington Official Plan. We are pleased to advise that no appeals were lodged and that all of the Official Plan, as approved by the Ministry of Municipal and Housing, is now in effect, with the effective date being April 5, 2016.
With the County Official Plan now being in effect, the County is now the approval authority for Plans of Subdivision/Condominium in the Townships of Stone Mills and Addington Highlands and amendments to the Official Plans that apply in the Townships of Stone Mills and Addington Highlands.
- L&A Official Plan: FINAL - May 3 _2016
- L&A Official Plan: Schedule A - May 2, 2016
- L&A Official Plan: Schedule B - May 2, 2016
- L&A Official Plan: Schedule C - May 2, 2016
- L&A Official Plan: Schedule D - May 2, 2016
- L&A Official Plan: Appendix 1 - May 2, 2016
- L&A Official Plan: Appendix 2 - May 2, 2016
- Report to Council – Official Plan Recommendation
- Meridian Planning Presentation to Council – September 30, 2015