Permits are available for right-of-way control as well as over dimension loads traveling through the County
In accordance with the County’s right-of-way control regulations, County staff evaluate a variety of issues and ensure compliance with the policies of the local road authorities, police, conservation authorities and federal/provincial government agencies. These issues include drainage matters; private feature and road allowance obstruction impacts and encroachments; and traffic issues such as speed limits, parking restrictions and road signage.
Right-of-way includes the review and issuance of the following permits:
- entrance application (public, residential, commercial, farm, field)
- excavation application (private construction in a County road allowance)
- encroachment application (private feature remaining in a County road allowance)
- utility municipal consent application (public utility installation in a County road allowance)
Over Dimension Loads:
- excess load application (oversize loads/dimensions as per The Highway Traffic Act)
The County reviews and provides comments as an interested stakeholder on all land use applications (consent to sever/minor variance/zoning by-law/development site plan) within the County. These applications are initiated at the local municipality level through their planning and building departments and are circulated to the County for comment.
To apply for a permit application forms are available below (download PDF or fillable form) or by contacting the Roads & Bridges department at the address below.
For further information please contact:
Dan Baxter, Supervisor, Roads and Bridges
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East
Telephone: 613.354.4883 ext. 3228