I’m looking after a child who's not mine.

If you’re temporarily looking after a child who is not your own, you can get financial support, (Apply for Temporary Care Assistance) to help meet their needs.

To be eligible, the adult providing the care:

  1. Does not have a legal obligation to support the child;
  2. Is not receiving funding for the child under the Child & Family Services Act.