Statement of Purpose:
Visitors are a component to the well being of the residents. They support the mental and emotional well-being of the residents by reducing potential negative impacts related to social isolation.
An Essential Caregiver is a caregiver who is:
-a support worker who visits a home to provide support to the critical operations of the home or provide essential services to a resident;
-a person visiting a very ill resident for compassionate reasons including, but not limited to end of life care.
A General Visitor is a person who is not an essential caregiver and is visiting to provide non-essential services to a resident.
1. Residents or their Substituent Decision Maker/POA have a right to choose who is a visitor and who will be deemed as an essential caregiver.
2. Essential Caregivers must follow the Homes mandatory vaccination policy of at least three COVID-19 doses. Essential caregivers are permitted to go throughout the Home.
3. General Visitors must follow the homes mandatory vaccination policy of at least two COVID-19 doses. General Visitors are confined to Macdonald Hall and/or the Tea Room only.
4. Essential Caregivers are strongly encouraged to sign up for the Family Newsletter to ensure they are up-to-date on all protocols and overall health status of the Home. Hard copies of the Family Newsletter are available in the Resource area as well. General Visitors are also encouraged to sign up for this newsletter.
5. All Essential Caregivers and Visitors must follow the Policies and Procedures outlined by the Home based on the best practice guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care or Local Public Health guidelines.
6. All Essential Caregivers and Visitors must complete screening at the main entrance before entry by answering all questions truthfully and pass the screening to enter into the Home.
7. All Essential Caregivers and Visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test as directed by the Home, unless under 1 year old.
8. Essential Caregivers must complete and watch mandatory training videos on how to wash hands and apply appropriate PPE monthly. General Visitors will be provided an IPAC pamphlet at the time of their visit to review prior to entry.
9. Essential Caregivers must submit a caregiver form, with proof of the required number of COVID doses, to be approved as a designated Essential Caregiver
10. All Visitors and Essential Caregivers will be entered into an electronic database to log their entry/exit, in order to support contact tracing if required.
Essential Caregivers may enter between 9:15 am to 9:00 pm. Some exceptions may apply.
General Visitors may enter between 10:00am - 11:00am; 1:00pm- 4:30pm and from 6:00pm – 7:00pm pm. General Visitors must pre-book visiting times through our online booking platform. (https://www.picktime.com/JMPC)
Health and Safety:
Everyone in the Long-Term Care Home, whether staff, student, volunteer, caregiver, support worker, general visitor or resident, has a responsibility to ensure the ongoing health and safety of all by following infection control policies and procedures.
Masks are mandated for every person that enters the Home. Medical grade masks to be worn are provided by the Home. The mask must be worn over the individual’s mouth and nose at all times while on JMPC property.
There is no drinking, eating or smoking by General Visitors or Essential Caregivers at anytime while on the JMPC property.
General Visitors are not permitted to enter the resident home area in outbreak or if a resident is on isolation precautions due to an infectious disease.
Essential Caregivers can enter outbreak areas one at a time.