In accordance with the County’s right-of-way control regulations, County staff evaluate a variety of issues and ensure compliance with the policies of the local road authorities, police, conservation authorities and federal/provincial government agencies. These issues include drainage matters; private feature and road allowance obstruction impacts and encroachments; and traffic issues such as speed limits, parking restrictions and road signage.
Right-of-way includes the review and issuance of the following permits:
- Entrance Application (public, residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, farm, field)
An Entrance permit is required to add or reclassify a permanent or temporary road entrance at a specific location. The project of adding or modifying the road entrance may be subject to an Excavation and Occupancy permit (Work in Right-of-Way) that is associated with the entrance permit.
If you are carrying out any of the following activities on a County of Lennox and Addington road you must have an entrance permit.
- Constructing a new entrance
- Constructing a temporary entrance
- Changing the design, location or use of an existing entrance
New entrances to County roads will only be permitted when access from a local municipal road is not possible.
The Entrance permit application fee is $150.00 per entrance application. Deposit for the construction of a residential entrance is $1,000.00 and is refundable upon satisfactory completion, which is confirmed by County staff. Deposit for the construction of a commercial/industrial/institutional entrance is $2,000.00 and is refundable upon satisfactory completion, which is confirmed by County staff.
To apply for an entrance permit within County roads please complete the form below. Payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard or VISA), cheque or cash.
- Utility Municipal Consent Application (public utility installation in a County road allowance)
The Municipal Consent is the County’s authorization for a utility to work in specific location(s) within the County right-of-way. Municipal Consent will only be issued to utility companies, commissions, agencies, other municipalities, or private applicants who have a municipal access agreement with the County. The project of adding or modifying the plant can be subject to an Excavation and Occupancy Application (Work in Right-of-Way permit).
Apply for Municipal Consent permit *new online application
To apply and receive permit approval for utility municipal consent on County roads using our online permit portal, registration will be required if the applicant is a new user.
- Excavation Application (private construction in a County road allowance)
- Encroachment Application (private feature remaining in a County road allowance)
An Encroachment permit is a legal and binding agreement between the County and a property owner whose property abuts the County property, which permits the property owner to have an existing private feature remain on County property.
The Encroachment permit application fee is $100.00 per application.
To apply for the Encroachment permit within County roads please complete the form below. Payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard or VISA), cheque or cash.
- Application for County Road Closure for Community Events
A Temporary County Road Closure application is required when an event is being planned that requests closing down a lane of traffic or an entire roadway which will impede vehicular traffic for any length of time for a community event (race, run, walk, parade or festival).
- A completed application submitted via email to email@example.com
- A map of the route for the road closure must be submitted with the application
- Schedule “A” must be completed and submitted with the application
- If the community event is not organized by the local municipality then approval must be submitted with the application from local municipality by way of council resolution
- Acknowledging the responsibilities of the applicant must be submitted with application
- Provide certificate of insurance for the event with the County of Lennox and Addington as additional insured
Fill out the permit application below for works within County Roads.