Stay on topic. We encourage focused, thoughtful comments and discussion which respond or relate to a particular topic, new initiative or upcoming event. Comments which are not related to our content or attempt to derail the conversation may be removed.
Be respectful. If you choose to comment, please keep in mind that you must not:
- mislead us or anyone else as to your identity or the origin of the posted content, or falsely claim to represent a person, organization or entity
- post or transmit any message, content or link to content that:
- you either do not own or do not have the necessary rights to post or transmit;
- is in violation of any law, rule or regulation or any third party right, or promotes illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third party right;
- is abusive, hateful, homophobic, discriminatory, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, inflammatory, indecent, tortious, defamatory, knowingly false, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, obscene, offensive, scandalous, sexually explicit, profane;
- incites hatred, racism, bigotry, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any individual or class of individuals based on a protected ground in the Ontario Human Rights Code, including: ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
- is unsolicited or unauthorized, such as unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme," or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise);
- is in breach of any confidence;
- includes personal data or information about others; or
- can result in us being liable to anyone else under any intellectual property rights law.
We may not respond to posts that violate any of these rules and we may notify the social media service provider of your violation. If we suffer costs or damages as a result of your violating these rules, we expect you to cover our costs and damages.
While we may moderate posts, we are not required to, nor should you expect that we will, take action in response to any content posted on our page or feed. The views expressed by others represent their own views and are not endorsed or approved by us, nor do we endorse or approve any events or other activities posted by a user.
The County of Lennox and Addington supports an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and respectful work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. County employees moderate our social media sites and their contents. Any conduct that is discriminatory or harassing will be removed and the user may be banned from future use of County channels.
We will cooperate with law enforcement officials and comply with any court order with respect to any claim or investigation due to any content posted and will provide such content and provide information regarding your identity as well as other relevant information.
Avoid posting personal or confidential information. Our social media accounts are publicly accessible and posts are visible to the public. Therefore, please don’t post any personal information about you or anyone else!
Do not solicit personal information from other users. All or part of any posts containing personal or confidential information (e.g. a person’s home address, health card number) may be removed.
If you choose to communicate with the County through a social media channel, please note that we don’t have any control over the social media channel and therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which those organizations collect, use, disclose, secure or otherwise treat your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of any social media platform before providing any personal or other information. Others may not comply with the same privacy laws, policies and practices that we do! Please be careful.