There’s so much you can do with your library card, from getting free computer tutoring to learning how to fix your car! Library cards are free to all residents of the County of Lennox & Addington.
Summary of Services
- Use your card at all eight of L&A’s Libraries. Check out items at any branch and return them to any branch. Outside book drops are available during closed hours
- Unlimited checkouts. Most items can be checked out for 3 weeks. High demand items for 2 weeks. DVDs for 1 week
- Request items online from any library and have them delivered to your nearest library branch. We’ll even bring in materials we don’t own from elsewhere in the province!
- Access online services, databases for research and recreation, e-books and audiobooks, 24/7 at CountyLibrary.ca
- Your library card provides access to a wealth of materials for all ages and interests
- Take advantage of dozens of programs each week: children’s storytimes, lectures for adults, book clubs, kid’s crafts, pre-literacy programs, technology seminars, special events…and much more!
Getting a L&A library card is free for all County of Lennox & Addington residents. Non-residents may obtain a library card for a yearly fee of $5. Visit any branch and present valid ID/proof of address to get your card.
You will be asked to confirm your contact information yearly so we can renew your library privilege. Always let us know if you have moved or changed phone numbers. If you lose your card, contact us as soon as possible as you will be held responsible for any items checked out to your card. You can replace a lost card for a $2 fee.
Most material from the library’s circulating collection may be borrowed for three weeks. High demand items may be borrowed for two weeks and DVDs for one week. Maximum 20 holds per card. To avoid overdue charges, material can be renewed by phone, in branch, or on the internet via our website. Materials must be renewed on or before the due date. Materials that have been reserved by another patron may not be renewed.