Computers & Internet
Lennox & Addington Libraries support the lifelong learning goals of the community. As such, the branches offer exam proctoring services to enable students to write tests and exams.
- Proctoring is available during normal hours of operation, but is always subject to the availability of authorized staff and resources. Services must not disrupt normal Library operations. The Library maintains the right to turn down a request if staff or resources are not available
- Exams may run for up to 3 hours in length and must be completed within 15 minutes of closing
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact the Library directly to inquire about availability. A minimum of one week advance notice is required. An exam is not officially booked until the student and/or institution receive confirmation of same from the Library staff
- The institution issuing the exam must provide the Library with all information relevant to the examination one week in advance of the exam date. The examination package must be sent from the issuing institution directly to the Library via mail, email, or fax. The Library will not be liable for any missing papers, samples, online passwords, or other documents related to the exam
- The student must arrive within 15 minutes of the start of the exam
- Please note that there is no enforced quiet zone for exam writing, although excessive noise is discouraged
- Any Library staff may proctor an exam. However, this may be amended by requirements specified by the educational institution or company issuing the exam (e.g. Masters level librarian)
- Library staff will monitor students during examinations at regular intervals. We are unable to provide continuous observation/invigilation
- Students must meet all identification requirements of the institution issuing the exam and show proof of identification prior to the start of the exam
- If a student requires a computer to be supplied by the Library, this must be arranged at the time of booking. The Library is not responsible for any unforeseen technical difficulties, including test interruptions due to loss of power or internet connection
- The Library cannot proctor online exams that require installation of special software or modification of existing computer settings
- Rescheduling of exam appointments is subject to approval and availability
- Effective January 2018, exam proctoring service are subject to a $25 fee
Printing & Copying
.25 per page for black & white
.75 per page for colour
A page is consider to be colour if it is more than 25% coloured ink
Government forms may be printed for free, thanks to funding from ServiceOntario.
Faxing services are available at the Napanee and Amherstview branches only.
$1 per page, no charge for cover page
.25 per page to receive
$1 per transaction to scan to email
We welcome groups to use our facilities, however, we only have a limited number of private spaces available.
- A small meeting room (approx 5-10 people) is available at the Napanee Branch on a first come, first served basis and at no charge. Available during library hours only. Please inquire by calling the branch at 613.354.2525.
- A board room (approx 10-15 people) is available at the Amherstview Branch and must be booked through Loyalist Township at 613-389-3648. Charges may apply.
- Tamworth Hall (50 person capacity), located in the Tamworth Branch, may be booked for private functions outside of library hours. Contact Stone Mills township directly at 613-378-2475 to book. Charges may apply.