SEALED Proposals on forms supplied will be received in clearly marked envelopes by the Information Technology Services at the County Court House and Administration Building, until:
Friday, December 1, 2017 - 4:00 PM Local Time
The County of Lennox and Addington (“the County”), has a clearly defined interest in upgrading and modernizing the telecommunications infrastructure currently in use at the John M Parrot Centre for the Aged (“the JMPC”). The primary rationale for this project are as follows:
- The current voice communications platform has reached the end of its’ useful life and will no longer be supported by the manufacturer placing both the residents and staff at risk should the system fail;
- Standardization of the telecommunications infrastructure at all County locations (Avaya IP Office);
- Inclusion of the JMPC in the established multi-site voice network to facilitate improved communications (4-digit dialing) between established and future County locations and staff;
- Establish a predictable support and/or outsource relationship related to the telecommunications system at the JMPC and across County locations in the future;
- Continued the modernization and upgrade of all staff communication systems in use at the JMPC
The County currently relies on telephony services provided through an aging telephone system and several adjunct and integrated systems which are support by multiple vendors, some of which are local to the County and others being somewhat more remote. As the combined telecommunications systems form the core of the service delivery model at the JMPC, it is imperative that these systems continue to function reliably and provide the staff with the tools they require to provide care to the 168 residents at the JMPC.
The County intends to replace its existing telephone infrastructure with a premise based Voice over IP (VoIP) solution that will utilize the County’s existing Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area (LAN) networks. This RFP is focused on the identification and selection of both a manufacturer’s technology platform and a system integrator to deliver core voice communications, applications and professional services to the County’s user community.