Personal Support Workers Part-time Posting # 2020-48
Location: Nursing Services The John M. Parrott Centre
Supervisor: Manager of Nursing Services
Hours of Work: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends
Salary Range: $21.94 to $25.14 per hour (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Closing Date: August 28, 2020
The John M. Parrott Centre is a fully accredited state-of-the-art, 168 bed long term care facility, owned and operated by the County of Lennox and Addington, in the Town of Greater Napanee. We are currently seeking highly motivated and energetic people for the position of Personal Support Worker.
- PSW Certificate with 600 hours of curriculum required to work in a Long-term care facility
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting / transferring patients
- Proficiency in computer software applications such as MS Office
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Ability to work a variety of shifts as well as be available for call-in
- Provide all activities of daily living for the residents
- Provide cognitive, social and/or emotional support and stimulation
- Work as part of a team and communicate effectively with residents and co-workers
- Requires understanding of the special needs of the elderly and Ministry of Health Compliance Standards in a long term care setting
- Assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids
REGULATED SAFETY ACTIVITIES:
- Must adhere to all service area / The John M. Parrott Centre policies and procedures as outlined in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire & Safety, other manuals and legislation
- Responsible to adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety procedures of the Act and the facility
- Utilize proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The John M. Parrott Centre employees are not able to work for another employer in a health care setting to protect the health & safety of our staff and residents.
Note: you are currently unable to apply using a mobile phone
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the Countys Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
First-time users of our online recruitment system will need to create a profile, which you will be able to re-use each time you apply for a position with the County of Lennox & Addington.
You will be required to upload a resume and cover letter – please have these documents ready to upload individually (Word and PDF formats are accepted). You will also be asked to include your education and previous employment information.
By creating a profile with us, you won't have to keep providing your biographical, education, skills and previous experience each time you apply for a position.
Once you have completed the process, you will receive an email confirming your application was successful.
For a detailed step by step instructions, please click here.
Should you have any questions and experience technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Note: The use of mobile phones is not supported at this time.