Dietary Aide / Relief Cook Part-time Posting # 2020-47
Supervisor: Food Service Supervisor
Salary Range: Cook $21.94 $25.14 (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Dietary Aide $21.00 - $23.80
Hours of Work: Days, evenings & weekends - Up to 12 hours (as scheduled)
Closing Date: August 14, 2020
The County of Lennox and Addington is seeking a Dietary Aide / Relief Cook to join the team of its long-term care facility, The John M. Parrott Centre in the Town of Greater Napanee. The John M. Parrott centre provides professional and dedicated care to the 168 residents living in our state-of-the-art facility.
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Compliance Standards Cooks Section 54 (2)
- Must have completed Assistant Cook or Cook 1 Certification with classroom and kitchen instruction through an accredited college or have chef training or a culinary management diploma from a program that meets the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities or have completed or be enrolled in a Food Service Worker Certificate Program.
- Must possess a current Safe Food Handlers Certificate from the Public Health Unit.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to follow oral and written instruction in English
- Previous experience as a cook is required and experience as a food server in a dining room setting is an asset
- Experience in operating large quantity kitchen equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand, walk and bend for the entire shift as this is a very physically demanding job
- Requires understanding of the special needs of the elderly and Ministry of Health Compliance Standards in a long-term care setting
- Exhibit patience and tact in their daily tasks involving residents, guests and staff
- Must be in good physical health, be clean and neat in appearance and have excellent personal hygiene
- Ability to give direction to other team members
- Responsible for unlocking the kitchen in the morning and securing the area before leaving in the evening
- Prepares menu items following recipes, menus, therapeutic diets, production sheets and departmental procedures, preparing food for special resident meals and catering events and ensuring all meals are appropriately seasoned and garnished
- Portions food requirements for each RHA. Rotates Stock and plans utilization of leftover foods
- Follows all Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and sanitation practices to ensure food safety
- Acts in charge in the absence of the Manager and Supervisor. Will oversee and train (if needed) dietary staff and advise a worker of the existence of potential or actual danger of which they are aware. Make staff aware of written procedure for protection of the worker and take every precaution reasonable to protect the worker.
- They shall ensure staff is properly trained to perform their duties safely
- Completes all necessary documentation records
- Functions effectively and contributes positively to the Dietary Services Team
- All other duties as assigned
Regulated Safety Activities: Must adhere to all service area policies and procedures as outlined in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire, Health and Safety and other manuals and legislation.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The John M. Parrott Centre employees are not able to work for another employer in a health care setting to protect the health & safety of our staff and residents.
Note: you are currently unable to apply using a mobile phone
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the Countys Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
First-time users of our online recruitment system will need to create a profile, which you will be able to re-use each time you apply for a position with the County of Lennox & Addington.
You will be required to upload a resume and cover letter – please have these documents ready to upload individually (Word and PDF formats are accepted). You will also be asked to include your education and previous employment information.
By creating a profile with us, you won't have to keep providing your biographical, education, skills and previous experience each time you apply for a position.
Once you have completed the process, you will receive an email confirming your application was successful.
For a detailed step by step instructions, please click here.
Should you have any questions and experience technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The use of mobile phones is not supported at this time.