Riverbank Rentals has returned to the the Napanee River waterfront in Downtown Napanee for it's second season of operation. It is located in the parking lot beside The Waterfront River Pub & Terrace at 22 Water Street. Owner Harley Cunningham has a variety of kayaks and paddleboards available to rent, making The Napanee River more accessible than ever before.
Anyone aged 18+ can rent with no restrictions. 16-17 years old can rent with parent/guardian signature. Those under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult with a parent/guardian signature on waiver. Everyone that rents either a kayak or paddleboard receives a watersport safety briefing and out-of-water lesson (covering “how-to” & “what if”). In-water lessons will also be available upon request.
Hours of operation for 2019 are Saturdays and Sundays from 11am - 6pm and holiday Mondays from 11am - 5pm. Rentals may also be available outside of regular hours upon request.
- All participants must wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times while on the water
- All safety equipment will be provided and included with the rentals, except for PFDs for those that weigh less than 30lbs (renters will need to provide their own).
- Stand Up Paddleboarders must wear the ankle leash at all times while on the water
- Renters may want to consider taking their phone in a waterproof case in case of emergency
- Dress for the weather, wear a hat & sunscreen, stay hydrated