Project Technologist (Full-time) Posting # 2023-008
Location: County Court House, 97 Thomas Street East, Napanee
Supervisor: Supervisor, Property Services
Salary Range: $61,570.60 to $72,017.40 per year plus a comprehensive benefit package
Hours of Work: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm – Monday to Friday
Closing Date: February 7, 2023
The County of Lennox and Addington, with a population of 40,000, is strategically located in Eastern Ontario between the cities of Belleville and Kingston. The County owns and manages over 30 buildings, including administration offices, ambulance bases, museums and social housing facilities.
- Assist in preparing and administering technical scopes of work for non-recurring & recurring capital work programs (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical etc.) in conjunction with consultants
- Undertake all requirements for capital tendering for Property Services, including preparation of request for tender documents, identifying scopes of work, reviewing specifications, addenda & conducting on-site meetings
- Liaise with consultants/contractors/tenants/stake holders on all proposed and current capital/major repair work
- Maintain accurate records of all construction contracts
- Authorize consultants/contractor to perform work, under the direction of the Property Services Manager
- Assist in forecasting and developing a 10 year capital plan by advising on proposed work and prioritizing work based on risk and budget considerations
- Update and maintain Asset Management System at the departmental level
- Post-secondary education in Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Facilities Management or a related field
- Three years of experience in property services
- Demonstrated ability to manage coordination efforts in construction projects with various parties such as building officials, contractors and consultants
- Technical aptitude and extensive knowledge of building construction, mechanical systems and facility operations
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, specifications, contracts and other technical/legal documents
- Excellent communication, public relations, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes and legislation, e.g. the Ontario Building Code, Fire Code of Ontario, Residential Tenancy Act, the Ontario Clean Water Act, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting, estimating and budgeting
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
First-time users of our online recruitment system will need to create a profile, which you will be able to re-use each time you apply for a position with the County of Lennox & Addington.
You will be required to upload a resume and cover letter – please have these documents ready to upload individually (Word and PDF formats are accepted). You will also be asked to include your education and previous employment information.
By creating a profile with us, you won't have to keep providing your biographical, education, skills and previous experience each time you apply for a position.
Once you have completed the process, you will receive an email confirming your application was successful.
For a detailed step by step instructions, please click here.
Should you have any questions and experience technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Note: The use of mobile phones is not supported at this time.