Tourism stakeholders in Addington Highlands and North & Central Frontenac are invited to learn more about IGNITE Frontenac, Lennox & Addington on Monday, February 5, 2018 from 1-3pm. This event takes place at the Sharbot Lake Country Inn, where you can enjoy lunch and a warm beverage to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Todd Lucier, co-founder of Northern Edge Algonquin and IGNITE Lanark County Program Facilitator and Host, will share details about how this program will be a cauldron of creativity where new ideas about tourism in your region will be explored and new experiences will be created during IGNITE!
Please RSVP by February 1st to Richard Allen.
More details about the program:
- Do you recognize untapped tourism potential in your community?
- Are you looking to engage visitors in new ways and learn what that can mean to the success of your business or destination?
- Have you wondered about what visitors most want to experience and how to create unique and customized opportunities for your tourism customers?
- Have you been spinning your wheels – if only you could devote some time to meeting tourism allies and collaborative partners and learning how best to work together?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and are driven to take action towards creating new or enhanced tourism experiences, then we have an opportunity for you! We are looking for a mix of traditional and non-tourism-related businesses, as well as supportive tourism organizations and partners (e.g. Economic Development/Municipal representatives, Chambers of Commerce, BIAs, etc.) to take part in our one-of-a-kind IGNITE Experiential Training Program.
The Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization (OHTO), in partnership with the County of Frontenac and Lennox & Addington County, is excited to announce IGNITE Frontenac and Lennox & Addington, a unique, in-depth and hands-on training program designed to help you develop high quality tourism experiences that will resonate with your visitors. Tourism experiences have the power to increase your revenue potential, competitive market position, and create long lasting community partnerships that contribute to tourism success.
Tired of typical training? IGNITE is different. The Program, taking place from April 23-26, 2018, involves a combination of physical activity, cultural interaction and engaging with companies who are well known and respected in the Explorer’s Edge region of Ontario. That’s right, we’re travelling!
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Staying at Northern Edge Algonquin, an award-winning, solar-powered nature retreat
- Devoting 3 days to an off-the-grid, unplugged, distraction-free learning environment
- Visiting several destinations and companies in the region, learning from each organization’s key success stories, lessons learned and business practices
- Only covering the costs to get there (Seriously, the OHTO is covering all other program costs!)
Click here for more information about the program.