The Allan Macpherson House & Park, located at 180 Elizabeth Street in Napanee, opens for another busy summer season on June 27th. The House, built in 1826, recently received a new cedar shingle roof and looks as grand as it ever has, standing proudly along the banks of the Napanee River. It will be open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1 – 5 pm.
Guided tours are available every Wednesday in July and August. Admission is $3 per person, $2.50 for students and seniors.
Four fun concerts are scheduled outside on select Wednesdays this summer. Each concert starts at 7pm, and admission is only $3 per person.
“Summer Kitchen Parties” take place in the front lawn (bring your lawn chair!):
“Music in the Garden” concerts take place in the back gardens overlooking the river
There are two special theatre events specifically aimed at a younger audience. Admission to each of these events are only $3 each and start at 2pm.
In addition, a full slate of fun and informative demonstrations, dubbed ‘Demo Days’, are also scheduled. With the exception of the Dufflebag Theatre and Applefun Puppetry event dates, Demo Day events take place every Tuesday and Thursday in July and August at 2pm. Admission is free.
The schedule is as follows:
- July 4 | Printmaking: Lino Block Demonstration
- July 6 | Children's Book Illustrating
- July 11 | Wool Dying
- July 18 | Building Tiffany Stained Glass
- July 20 | Introduction to Herbs
- July 25 | Stitch-in Embroidery
- July 27 | Needle Felting & Machine Knitting
- August 3 | Paper & Print Making
- August 8 | Summer Baskets & Reed Weaving
- August 10 | Poly Paper Crafts
- August 15 | Funky Fungi
- August 17 | To be announced
- August 22 | Stitch-in: Bobbin Lace
- August 24 | Felted Fairy Tea Cups
- August 29 | The Art of Lead Glass
- August 31 | Felting
In-depth details about each of the events listed here, as well as general information about the Macpherson House are available on the County Museum & Archives webpage.