Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation
Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation (PELA CFDC) is a community based non-profit corporation aimed at encouraging local entrepreneurship and economic development. Through the Community Futures Lending Program, PELA CFDC disburses loans of up to $250,000 to new and existing businesses in Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Counties that directly support the creation and/or maintenance of jobs.
PELA CFDC specializes in providing term financing to businesses unable to access capital through traditional markets. Financing is considered for a variety of applications, including:
- Start-up financing of a new business
- Assistance to facilitate expansion plans of an existing business
- Working Capital
- Equipment/Capital purchase or upgrades (including technology/telecommunications)
Loan requests are considered by an Investment Committee on the basis of:
- Technical & Management skills of the client
- Client character including credit history
- Jobs to be created or maintained
- Owner equity of normally not less than 25% of the requested loan value
- Adequate security
- Detailed and viable business plan
- Legal and/or regulatory considerations as they may impact the business
- Business Risk Assessment
- Environmental factors
PELA CFDC sets the interest rate, retaining flexibility to increase or decrease it based on the merits and risks of each loan application.
Clients are encouraged to explore traditional financing services first. Should bank financing be unavailable, or not fully meet client needs, PELA CFDC may offer a viable financing option.
For more information about what services we offer visit www.PELACFDC.ca.
Ontario Small Business Centre
The Small Business Centre is your link to Ontario's small business support network. Whether you are just starting your own business or have been in business for less than five years, the Small Business Centre provides you with resources, tools and no-cost consultations to help you with your small business dream. The Small Business Centre also offers a series of seminars, workshops and networking opportunities that are designed to provide you with insightful information for your small business.
Visit www.SmallBusinessCtr.com for more details.
Business Development Bank of Canada
The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) helps create and develop Canadian businesses through financing, venture capital and consulting services, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
BDC specializes in commercial financing with highly flexible solutions designed to put the needs of entrepreneurs first.
Financing is structured to protect cash flow through:
- Longer term payment
- Repayment schedules to suit your business cycle
- Possibility to defer capital payments
BDC offers turnkey financing for:
- Commercial real estate – Purchase of land and buildings, construction of new premises, expansion or improvement of existing or rented premises
- Equipment and machinery purchase – New and used
- Working capital for growth projects – Implement marketing strategies, develop new products and markets or boost inventory to support increased sales
- Start-up financing – Marketing and other start-up costs, franchise purchases
- Business succession – Buyouts by family, management or outside parties
- Market expansion – Foreign or domestic market expansion activities
- Projects without tangible assets – Subordinate financing for acquisitions, shareholder buyouts, working capital and intangible assets
- Aboriginal banking – Aboriginal staff helps you access capital and make the most of economic opportunities
For more information please visit www.bdc.ca.
Napanee & District Chamber of Commerce
Established in 1995, the Napanee & District Chamber of Commerce has worked to serve its member businesses by providing access to cost saving programs, business networking activities and coordinating tourism/business development initiatives. Conveniently located in the downtown Napanee Business Centre, our office is available to answer your inquiries. Investing your membership dollars in your local Chamber of Commerce ensures your money stays in the area working for you and your community. Learn more about becoming a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Consider joining your local Chamber of Commerce.
The mission of the Napanee & District Chamber of Commerce is to provide a forum for its members to initiate, promote and support public policies that contribute to the advancement of business and the quality of life; to encourage private enterprise and individual initiative and to serve as a strong voice for the betterment of services, industry, tourism and the farm community.
Working For Our Members and Our Community
Our Community Development initiatives assist in bringing recognition and business to our area.
Business Advocacy through the Ontario and Canadian Chambers of Commerce
Recognition of Business & Community Excellence at the Annual Awards Luncheon
Networking with Municipal, Provincial, Federal government and other organizations to identify and address issues of common concern; Partnering on development initiatives
Provide Visitor and Community Information Services through the Napanee Business Centre
For more information please visit www.NapaneeChamber.ca
Land O'Lakes Tourist Association
The Land O'Lakes Tourist Association is the Destination Marketing Association for Lennox & Addington County. This organization offers the following benefits to its members:
A text business listing on the back of the Land O' Lakes Map! (70,000 copies printed annually)
- Free business listing/links on the LOLTA Internet website! (www.travellandolakes.com )
- SUPPORT VIA THE LOLTA'S 1-800 TOLL FREE NUMBER
- Distribution of maps, lure brochures and guidebooks at various trade shows and at Tourist Information Booths across the province!
- Free brochure and/or business card distribution in our own tourism information outlets throughout the region!
- Access to limited advertising space in the Land O' Lakes Tourist Guide (55,000 copies annually)
- A Quarterly NEWSLETTER via email
- Networking and packaging opportunities with other tourism related businesses in your area!
- The benefit of a “members only” discount program on everyday items such as business forms, propane and custom embroidered clothing!
- Discounts on credit transactions through special arrangement with major credit card companies!
- The benefit of an active government liaison and lobbyist to help with tourism related issues!
- Access to government sponsored rebates for advertising and marketing!
For more information visit www.travellandolakes.com.