Eastern Ontario's boundaries lie east of Toronto to the Quebec border. It embraces the City of Ottawa and the 2 million people, thousands of businesses and more than 200 communities between the Ottawa River and Lake Ontario.
Our diverse economy offers distinct competitive advantages in areas such as our labour force, transportation network, business-friendly investment environment and proximity to many of North America’s main consumer and industrial markets. Here are some other great reasons to locate your business in Eastern Ontario:
- Highly motivated workforce: People here possess the skills, training, multilingual capabilities, education and initiative to help you prosper.
- Low costs: Operating costs are lower here than in other parts of Ontario, and corporate tax rates are lower than those of the United States. R&D tax credits, here, are generous.
- Premier market access: About 50 million people live within 800 kilometres (500 miles) of Ontario East's boundaries. Canada's busiest freeway links Eastern Ontario with cities and towns from Quebec City to Windsor, as well as those of Eastern and Western Canada. Efficient border crossings enable access to vast U.S. markets.
- Fully business-ready: Eastern Ontario has 10 developed industry sectors, world-class private and public research organizations, and a productive alignment of research, educational facilities, business and infrastructure.
- Superb quality of life: Forests and farms, small communities founded in the 1800’s and vibrant, dynamic cities – Eastern Ontario offers a full range of living and lifestyle alternatives.
Eastern Ontario is the right place to locate and grow a business. For more information, please visit www.OntEast.com.