Electronic databases are a popular on-line resource for many library users. The use of this service is free, and patrons can register at the circulation desk to use one of the several public access computers in any of the branch libraries. Or they can access all but 2 of our databases remotely with a valid library card and pin number. If you cannot remember your pin or have not set one up please visit your local branch library.
Search the Library Catalogue On-Line
- A to Z Maps - Includes world, continent, country, state, and various thematic maps.
- Ancestry - Discover your ancestors with the world's largest family history website (Accessible only through your local library)*
- Canada in Context- This is ideal for students needing help with homework based on Canadian curriculum standards in all major subject areas.
- Canada Info Desk - A Canadian source that provides access to find out who’s who and what’s where in Canada.
- Canadian Almanac & Directory - All the facts and figures you will ever need about Canada
- Canadian Literary Centre - This database includes book reviews, essays, author biographies, and much more.
- Canadian Literary Centre:
- Canadian Points of View Reference Centre - Students will find series of essays that present multiple sides of current issues.* (login through EBSCOhost)
- Career Cruising -This is designed to help students and others plan their future. Features include: job search tool, resumé builder, and information on educational programs.
- Chilton Library - Photos, illustrations and repair procedures for your vehicle are found on this database.
- Consumer Health Complete - Browse through medical encyclopedias, popular reference books, and magazine articles for easily understandable health information.
- CPI.Q - Find articles from a long list of Canadian and international periodicals such as The Globe and Mail and Maclean’s weekly magazine and Canadian News Facts.
- Discovering Collection - Homework help for students in five core subject areas: history, literature, biography, science and social studies.
- Early Peoples - Children and teachers can explore ancient civilizations.
- Early World of Learning - Excellent resource for preschoolers and early elementary grades that explores early childhood education themes.
- EBSCO MasterFILE - Find full-text magazines covering various subjects.
- Gale Databases - Access numberous digital information resources.*
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Includes encyclopedias, almanacs and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- General One File - One-stop source for a variety of news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics contains full-text articles.
- Global Road Warrior - Tour around the world and find country facts, travel essentials, maps, etc.
- Health Reference Center - Gives clear and comprehensive information on conditions and diseases, health and wellness, mental health, and the human body
- Heritage Quest - Find genealogical information from the United States using this database. (Accessible only through your local library)
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center - Detailed "how-to" instructions and creative ideas for hobby enthusiasts. (login through EBSCOhost)
- InfoTrac Custom Newspapers- Search over 1200 newspapers from around the world by article title, headline, date and other ways.
- Inventions & Discoveries - Students can learn about inventions and discoveries in a variety of fields - contains audio.
- Kids InfoBits- This is a database designed specifically for beginning researchers in Kindergarten to Grade 5. Some subjects covered: geography, science, and sports.
- Literature Resource Center - Find information on authors and their works, from all time periods, and from around the world.
- Living Green- Resource for children learning about environmental issues.
NoveList - Trying to find a book to read? Look up books by genre, find series with this database. Great for book clubs! (login through EBSCOhost)
- NoveList K-8 - Find fiction and nonfiction titles for children by author, title, keyword or subject. (login through EBSCOhost)
- Novelist K-8 Plus - Find curriculum-based fiction and nonfiction titles for children.
Novelist Plus - Find fiction and non-fiction book discussion guides, author read-alikes and much more on this database.
- OurOntario - Access to digital collections of libraries, archives, museums, historical societies in Ontario.
- Overdrive - Download audiobooks.
- Overdrive e-Books - Download eBooks from this database. (NOTE: e-Books can only be downloaded from your own personal computer)
- PebbleGo - Designed for emergent readers this database offers information on high interest topics such as animals, weather and seasons.
PebbleGo digital books - Access digital eBooks on a variety of topics.
- Service Canada- Brings together a range of Federal services and resources for Canadians.
- Service Ontario - Government of Ontario services at your fingertips 24/7!*
- Small Business Reference Center - Covers all major areas of starting and operating a business including financing, management, marketing, human resources, franchising and accounting.
- Teen Health and Wellness - Information on topics including diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, fitness, mental health, family life, and more.* (be sure to click on "login with your library card"
- Tumble Book Library - An online collection of ebooks for children in grades K-6
- TumbleBook Cloud - An onlince collection of read-along chapter books for students in late elementary to high school.
- TumbleBook Cloud Junior - An online collection of ebooks, read-along chapter books, graphic novels, educational videos, and audio books. This collection is designed for readers in grades 3-6.
- TumbleBooks Audio Cloud - Watch and listen to a collection of audiobooks.
- World Book - Numerous databases to choose from including