FAQ | RSS | Video
Frequently Asked Questions | Print |


Frequently Asked Questions are by Service Area, click on the above service area you wish to learn about.

Roads and Bridges

  • Entrance
  • Excess Load
  • Excavation
  • Encroachment
  • Utility Municipal ConsentSee the links to the permits in the Right-of-Way Control section on this web site or contact Jim Klaver, Operations and Development Technologist at 613.354.4883 ext.226.
See the Maintenance of County Roads and Bridges section on this web site for details of which local municipality maintains a County road and local municipality contact information.
See the Construction section on this web site or contact Darrel Lott, Construction Technologist at 613.354.4883 ext.273.
County residents are welcome to identify any County road or bridge related concerns or inquiries they may have by completing and submitting a concern/inquiry form online and returning it to the County for consideration or contacting the County directly.
See the County Maps section of this website.
For land use applications for consent to sever, minor variance or zoning by-law amendment you should make your initial inquiry to the local municipality in which the subject property is located. Your application will begin in that local municipality and will then be circulated to the County for comment as an interested stakeholder. See the “Right-of-Way Control” section of this web site.
See the “Right-of-Way Control” section on this web site or contact Jim Klaver, Operations and Development Technologist at 613.354.4883 ext.226.
Contact Jim Klaver, Operation and Development Technologist at 613.354.4883 ext.226 who will review the request for compliance with the County’s sign regulations and warrants of the Ontario Traffic Manual/Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
Contact the local municipality* where the proposed building or property is located.*The local municipalities for the County of Lennox and Addington are

The John M. Parrott Centre

The John M. Parrott Centre is a 168 bed, (not for profit) County owned and operated, long term care facility, located on the west end of Greater Napanee.
It is a facility that provides "long term" care to residents in the community who require 24 hour nursing care and ongoing assistance with activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, feeding, grooming, medical attention and care, etc.). Long-term care is often sought when all other means of community and family support have been exhausted. In other words, the care that is required is beyond that which is available from family and community service agencies.
Admission is co-ordinated through the Community Care Access Centre or, if you are in the hospital, through a Discharge Planner. Their role is to ensure that all criteria have been met before referring you to us for admission.
The waiting period varies depending on the number of people on the waiting list ahead of you, your health status, and the level/type of care you require. The Community Care Access Centre maintains the waiting list and could probably provide you with a more accurate feedback as to waiting periods.
Once you have been offered a bed at The John M. Parrott Centre, you may wish to come in for a tour (depending on amount of time available). During your tour, we will provide you with a copy of our Guidebook and answer as many of your questions as possible. General tours can also be arranged at anytime throughout the week by calling our front office and making an appointment.Once you have accepted the bed at The John M. Parrott Centre, the staff will begin preparing for your arrival. We encourage all residents prior to admission, to appoint a Power of Attorney for both Property and Personal Care. At the time of admission, you will also be asked to complete a "Life & Times" questionnaire. The "Life & Times" questionnaire is a wonderful way for us to get to know our new resident. It provides staff with information about family members, where family are located, any closed friends, where our new resident grew up, life events, likes and dislikes, habits, special interests, hobbies, and spirituality. This information helps staff to get to know each resident, which helps to build relationships and make the "settling in" period easier.We realize that making the decision to move into long-term care can be a difficult one, but our staff is here to help with the transition. Every attempt will be made to address your concerns and make you fell as comfortable as possible.
For more information please contact the Administrative Supervisor at 316.354.3306 ext. 224 or e-mail This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Provincial Offences

Provincial offences are minor (non-criminal) offences that include, but are not limited to:

  • speeding, careless driving, or not wearing your seat belt - Highway Traffic Act
  • failing to surrender your insurance card or possessing a false or invalid insurance card - Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
  • being intoxicated in a public place or selling alcohol to a minor - Liquor Licence Act
  • entering prohibited premises or failing to leave premises after being directed to do so - Trespass to Property Act
  • Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ministry of Environment violations
  • noise, parking and animal care bylaws -  Municipal bylaws Most provincial offences charges result in out-of-court fine payments. If you are issued a ticket under the Provincial Offences Act, please read it carefully for your payment options.
One amount is the set fine and the second is the total payable. The total payable consists of the set fine, court costs and the victim fine surcharge.j(see next bullet)The set fine is ordered by the Chief Judge of the Ontario Court of Justice as an amount payable by the defendant in lieu of attending court to contest the charge.Court costs are an amount to be paid by the defendant for the service of the offence notice and/or summons and upon conviction of an offence. The costs are authorized by Section 60 of the Provincial Offences Act and the amount is set by regulation.
The victim fine surcharge (VFS) is imposed by the provincial government and is added to every fine imposed under the Provincial Offences Act. It is credited to a special fund to assist victims of crime. The amount of the VFS varies depending on the charge but is usually around 15 per cent of the imposed fine. For example, a $100 fine would result in a surcharge of approximately $15.
Failure to pay your fine in full could result in a conviction being entered against you. Upon conviction you will be required to pay the set fine including court costs and the applicable victim fine surcharge by the due date. Failure to pay the fine imposed upon conviction by the due date will result in one or more of the following:

  • Refusal by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation to issue or validate a vehicle permit
  • Driver's licence suspension
  • An additional administrative fee of $20.00
  • The defaulted fine information is provided to a credit bureau
  • Collection Agency fees
If you are unable to pay the fine in full within the time prescribed, attend the Provincial Offences Court office and complete an Extension of Time to Pay application. The completed form will be submitted to a Justice of the Peace who will grant or deny your application based on the information provided.
If a provincial offences fine is not paid within the time prescribed, your licence may be suspended and a $20.00 charge will be added to the fine. You may receive notification of the suspension by mail from the Ministry of Transportation.To have your licence reinstated you must:

  • Pay all of your outstanding fines that are suspending your licence.
  • Pay the $150.00 reinstatement fee to the Ministry of Transportation.
  • Allow for a 3 - 4 day processing time after paying the fine(s), for the suspension order to be lifted.
  • Check with the Ministry of Transportation before driving to ensure that your licence is valid.
For Parts I, II and III, the appeal must be filed within 30 days of conviction.Attend the Provincial Offences court office or the Ontario Court of Justice office to obtain the appeal documents within the prescribed deadlines. The fine will need to be paid to the Provincial Offences court. You may also be required to order a transcript of the proceedings. The completed paper work will need to be filed with the Ontario Court of Justice office. If your paper work is accepted you will receive a notice with the time and date of your appeal trial. Further information regarding your appeal will need to be directed to:Ontario Court of Justice
41 Dundas St. W.
Napanee, ON K7R 1Z5
If you have a complaint concerning administration services, please contact the Manager of the Provincial Offences Court, in writing at:
County of Lennox & Addington
Manager, Financial Services and Provincial Offences
97 Thomas St., E.,
Napanee, Ontario K7R 4B9 or email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it If the complaint relates to the Justice of the Peace, please send the complaint, in writing to:
 The Justice of the Peace Review Council
P.O. Box 914
Adelaide St. Postal Station
Toronto, Ontario M5C 2K3If you have a complaint relating to the prosecution of your case (legal), please contact the Crown Attorney in writing:Crown Attorney
41 Dundas St.,W.
Napanee, ON K7R 1Z5



Economic Development

Administrative ServicesFinancial & Physical ServicesCommunity & Development Services
© 2017 County of Lennox & Addington
Human Resources | Site Map | Contact Us