The Financial Services sector of the department facilitates the County of Lennox & Addington’s commitment to good stewardship of public funds. Financial Services plays a key role in maintaining the County’s financial stability by assisting County Council and staff in sound financial planning and management. The department is committed to providing quality financial services which benefit clients, businesses, visitors and the county community in general.
They do this by:
- Co-ordinating the preparation of the County annual Budget; Budget Booklet 2016 - Complete
- Assisting Council with the determination of tax policy decisions
- Keeping comprehensive, accessible and accurate financial records including payroll for over 400 employees
- Preparing and publishing for the public’s information financial reports (including 2015 Financial Statement and Municipal Performance Measurement Program)
- Responsible for timely and accurate payment of the County’s financial obligations: processing approximately 15,000 invoices annually through accounts payable; and revenue collection
- Providing financial management, professional expertise and guidance to Council in the County’s investment and borrowing activities
- Co-ordinating capital asset reporting
- Ensuring that information technology (including local area network, hardware and software) are current and functioning efficiently, to meet the needs of the various county public services
- Developing and monitoring financial policies and procedures including Purchasing Policy (for over $20 million of goods and services annually)
- Administering the County’s risk management program including property insurance maintenance and claims
- Developing an Asset Management Plan which sets out the best possible decisions regarding the building, operating, maintaining, renewing, replacing and disposing of infrastructure assets.